need a new 5.1 amp with multiple optical inputs and gold plated connections
Oct 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dj HyPe

New Head-Fier
title says it all really my current amp is a cheap sony one and i want a better one! My speakers are quality and so are my headphones but this amp isn't good enough.

At least 2 square peg optical inputs, 4+ stereo phono inputs, and 5.1 speaker output with either coaxial or the square thing for sub. With preferably all analog connections gold plated and a good 6.3 headphones out

cheaper the better but up to £350ish

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
title says it all really my current amp is a cheap Sony one and I want a better one! My speakers are quality and so are my headphones but this amp isn't good enough.

At least 2 square peg optical inputs, 4+ stereo phono inputs, and 5.1 speaker output with either coaxial or the square thing for sub. With preferably all analog connections gold plated and a good 6.3 headphones out

cheaper the better but up to £350ish

The websites AVSforum and AVforum might be better at helping with A/V receiver questions.
Also check you local listings for used receivers.
Any used receiver that comes with HDMI and Dolby True-HD & DTS-HD Master Audio, should be new enough.
S/PDIF optical and coaxial inputs are on just about every receiver made in the past several years.

What model headphones do you have?

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 4
miles davis tributes. tbh the amp isnt total garbage, it's just not very good either and ive just spent half what it costs now on an audio cable and it made me realise the amp is a bit naff.

Not really looking for it to have hdmi as i use optical for most things, kind of want an older one that has decent sound. Will check out those forums though.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 4
arcam avr xxx was the correct answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back