Need a little help
Dec 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jweather

New Head-Fier
I was looking for a pair of portable headphones in the $200 range, I know everyone has different taste in music and what they look for in a pair of headphones so I'm just trying to get a general idea of the headphone I'm thinking of purchasing.  My Choices are:

vmoda - M80
UE-UE6000
Monster DNA
Pioneer elite SE-MJ591

All the headphone are 199.99 and while i was leaning towards the m-80's I found that I could purchase the Pioneer SE-MJ591 for 149.99.  I did a little research on the pioneers and some people on headfi just don't like them at all, but I know when reviewers on headfi review products the price point is also a factor, so at the regular price point of 299.00 They may not be as good as other offerings in a similar price range, but at 149.99 are they better then the 199.99 offerings?

My current portable setup:
     5th gen ipod video
     ibasso t3
     Triple.fi 10

I mostly listen to R&B, Jazz and Gosple

Any help you guy can give me to make this choice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 3
The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro might also be one to look at, it has a tunable bass system that has 4 settings.  When closed they have more of an analytical sound and each step up you get more bass and it can also bring more warmth to the mids and highs.  They also cost around $199 but on Amazon right now they keep changing, it was $167 now its $171 but they're normally like the others your looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back