Need a little assistance, choosing IEM
Nov 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kali77

100+ Head-Fier
So I am getting ready to purchase my first set/sets of IEM's, to be run with my ipod classic for at work. I have about $100 to spend and am trying to decide which avenue to go. I am thinking a pair of M2's and a pair of meelectronics a151's. This way I can decide if I prefer the BA or the dynamic drivers. Now my question is... Should I go this route? Or just go for $100 pair(if so so which candidates should I be looking at)? Or should I go M2's and Trident's, or A151's and Trident's? Or one of the three cheaper listed pairs and a Fiio 11 amp?  Any assistance would be great!! My current home rig is a pair of Denon D7000's and a Compass hooked via USB to my PC, just for some background. Also I do need these to be portable, and hopefully hold up to lots of movement.

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 3
I would not hesitate on just a pair of Brainwavz M2.  They will compliment your D7000 sound signature.  Just be sure to pick up some T-400 Comply tips for them because they can be a bit uncomfortable.  A shirt clip will be needed for exercise as well because the cord is slightly microphonic when moved around a bunch.  I am always amazed at well good the sound signature of the M2 really is.

http://complyfoam.com/content/compatibility_t-400.pdf

I think Plantronics makes some inexpensive shirt clips.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Great thanks for the tip on the Comply tips :wink: Should I look at getting a portable amp, or just go straight to my ipod? If there is a significance advantage in sound, than no problem, but not looking to carry something extra around for very minimal gains.

Quote:
I would not hesitate on just a pair of Brainwavz M2.  They will compliment your D7000 sound signature.  Just be sure to pick up some T-400 Comply tips for them because they can be a bit uncomfortable.  A shirt clip will be needed for exercise as well because the cord is slightly microphonic when moved around a bunch.  I am always amazed at well good the sound signature of the M2 really is.

http://complyfoam.com/content/compatibility_t-400.pdf

I think Plantronics makes some inexpensive shirt clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back