Need a hand
Apr 12, 2008 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

xfactor78

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

First post, and I have read all the stickys up at the top and a lot of it is a foreign language to me still. Basically here is my situation. I bus from school 5 days a week, and during the summer will be going on 2 hour road trips frequently, and also during the 24th of this month will be flying to England. I have the ipod earbuds that suck and hurt your ears after 30minutes of use. I was wondering what a good set of closed headphones would be. I listen to rap/hip-hop and also some noise cancellation would be nice although I'm pretty sure most do a decent job of noise cancellation. My price range is $0-150. I'm sorry to put another recommendation thread up but I need help as like I said, this is basically a foreign language to me.

Thanks, Brendan

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #3 of 13
never tried HD200s, but if you want the noise cancellation phones , you should increase your budget a bit and buy the Audio Technica ANC7.

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #4 of 13
yeah the hd200's are ooook just listening to them now for first time on my headphone amp. I must say i've thrashed these things for atleast the past 8 years using as dj monitors and they are still holding up quite well :p

im pretty sure the 200's were replaced by 202's or 212 though right?
these are what i have:
Sennheiser Worldwide: HD 200-V1 - Ear Protection / Headsets / Headphones - Professional,Audio,Music / Equipment Manufacturer

if i were you i'd go with something above $100US price though... much better out there for listening. maybe HD555 or HD595?

Edit: also have you thought about canal phones?
ultimate ears super.fi 5's can be had for $130'ish, or Etymotic ER6i or shure se210/310

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 13
His ear got hurt by earphone. so I think IEMs won't fit him.

Also, both 555s and 595s leak a lot of sound, but I need some kinda isolation, doesn't he?
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 13
k yeah well my ear didnt get hurt, you made me sound like a wuss, but my ear started hurting
rolleyes.gif
. Anyways, how are skullcandys? On futureshop and bestbuy the reviews are good, I don't need something insanely good, just something that'll be nice to have and is decent. The skullcandys are in my price range but my friend said they stop working after about 6 months
confused.gif
. I guess if the store has the HD200s, I'll probably end up buying those.

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 13
I see, I was recommended a set of Audio Technica ATH ES7s. I can pick them up for about $115 shipped. But I would have to get my dad to go across the border to pick them up. How are the ATH ES7s? They look pretty decent and are definitely in my price range.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds good and looks great too. However, although they are the close-back, they have poor isolation too.

Sorry to be even more noob, but could care to explain what poor isolation is? I checked the stickied thread on the terms and it wasn't in there
tongue.gif
. But over all in general they are good headphones?

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #12 of 13
Apr 12, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #13 of 13
^
^
Before getting it, you can email them and ask for the policy if the item is confirmed it's fake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to be even more noob, but could care to explain what poor isolation is? I checked the stickied thread on the terms and it wasn't in there
tongue.gif
. But over all in general they are good headphones?

They cannot block the noise from outside well.

For the overall quality, I think it's pretty good for the price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back