Need A Gym Player With Top Sound Quality For Price
Sep 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shizdan

1000+ Head-Fier
I already have an Ipod 3G 64GB Touch but I use that at the gym to look at my workout routine. So Im in the market for an affordable $60 player with the best sound quality. I will use it for workout playlists. I was looking at the new Ipod Shuffle 2GB but was unsure if it has the best sound quality. I will use these with my Sennheiser IE-7's

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Clip+ sound just about perfect for your situation. Lightweight (i got a shock when i opened mine. i could barely feel a thing in my hands when i first hold them). Cheap. Decent SQ as well.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 8
clip+ can't be beat for it's low price and small size for the gym.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Clip+(rockbox), X-Fi 2, D2 Plus, New Nano, Philips Go Gear and Fuze.......

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Clip+(rockbox), X-Fi 2, D2 Plus, New Nano, Philips Go Gear and Fuze.......

I agree with most of those, but not the X-Fi2.  The X-Fi2 is my newest player and it works well for what it is, but it is terrible for active use.  In the gym, if I want to adjust volume or change tracks, it takes me long enough to make those changes that my heart rate actually has time to slow down and level off(Very bad ju ju).  Basically, if you are like me you are going to find that hard buttons that at least control volume are a necessity.  You also are going to absolutely need something that either has a clip or a very well designed armband which fits well and allows easy access to controls(two more items the X-Fi2 lacks).

I would say Sansa Clip, Ipod Shuffle, or Ipod Nano are your best bets because they all at least have hard buttons for volume, clips, and the right formfactor for working out.  I've just ordered the new Nano and if that doesn't work I'm sure a Clip will find it's way into my online basket soon enough.  Oh, and in case anyone was wondering...I chose the Nano over the Clip simply because I am a Mac user and am tied to Itunes despite my best research efforts to escape.  If you own a PC then I don't think you can go wrong with the Clip given its' price point, small size, and expandable sd slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back