Need a good standard amp for 580`s....
Nov 20, 2006 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,, ive searched through the forums but the ammount of information is overwhelming.. plus i dont know anything about electronics so alot of the stuff people say doesent mean anything to me
frown.gif

in a nutshell... i have some HD580`s but no amp...... and am trying to find out whats would be a good... but cheap amp that will make them sound good..

Initialy i had hoped that maybe i could get something that i could use both with my portable MP3 player/CX300/KSC75`s, and also use in the home with my 580`s... but i think maybe im expecting to much? feel free to tell me of such an amp that will work well with both if theres one out there
smily_headphones1.gif

So... i kinda narrowed it down i think...... please bare in mind i know nothing about tubes or how to change them.. so theres a very goodchance the amp will allways remain stock :0(

so,, from maybe a Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 (£100ish on ebay)
or maybe a XIANG SHENG 708B (£70- 100 i think)
maybe little dot II+ ? (£90)

or can get a ZHAOLU 2.5 on ebay for around £135... although little over what i can afford..

Or should i have 1 build? do the pimetas and things like that perform as well as the above amps? or is there a big differnce in quality..

I see quite a few amps up for sale second hand,, but very rarely here in the UK,, and after shipping / tax`s i imagine it becomes a bit to expensive maybe..

please any advice would be great... just to much info on these boards for the non electrical minded people like me
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back