Need a good Set of earphones With Lots of bass!
Oct 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 29
I agree with Jonathanjong, turning up the volume will damage your hearing in the long run. If you still feel like you have to turn up the volume even with IEM's then you're maybe missing some parts of the sound. Maybe too little bass in your case but that's something only you can tell.

Now maybe its getting late but I don't see any buyers guide thread stickied somehow. Just some warning thread about fake shure stuff.

The UE5 EB being bass-heavy is something I'll definitely have to remember. Out of curiosity, does anyone have a comparison between something like a Beyer dt990 in terms of bass?

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 29
There are several I can recommend right off the top of my head:

Sennheiser CX500 - a mountain of bass.
Denon AH-C751 - more bass than can ever be needed...lol
Klipsch Image X10 - small but carries a big stick.
V-Moda Bass Freq - very inexpensive and sounds sufficiently well with lots of bass.

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 29
Agree with Lewis on The c751 and you can get it real cheap too.

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 29
Unasked and most important question never asked:

What kind of sound are you looking for?!

What kind of bass response do you want? What frequency range, what frequency response, do you like it smooth, crisp, full, light, laid back, up front, what???

It's impossible to recommend hardware without knowing what you want.

Lots of bass? That's easy, just EQ it in. Tada! Will you like it? Maybe, maybe not. It may sound great, may sound like crap.

Desired characteristics first, then we can point you to something that actually sounds like that as opposed to blurting out random stuff you may like or hate.

Also, what is your budget? How much do you want to spend? How much more are you willing to spend if it means a better product?

I have very little experience myself with headphones. For in-ear products V-moda Vibe, Denon C700, and Yuin PK2 are about all I know.

I would not personally recommend the Denon specifically for bass. It's their worst aspect and they suck here...unless you like overwhelming boomy bass presented in a pointless manner. The bass information is junk. The Denon does great (outstanding) everywhere else, but once the frequencies get low, they fall flat on their face. It's also somewhat output limited, so you can't really push them hard with bass without distortion. The bass on these headphones bugged me oh so much.

I still love my Vibes for bass. The headphone rocks below 1kHz and is just fun to listen to and can get a bit better everywhere with a bit of EQing. The fullness, separation, and ability to just dig deep is impressive. They're just not as crisp and detailed as other options.

The PK2 is an excellent all-around headphone. Bass is decent, crisp, but a little light in presence and doesn't dig real deep. However, deep bass is a tough trick for a earbud without pretty much shoving them into the ear with your fingers, lol.

What fits you? Beats me. You haven't told us, lol.

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #20 of 29
Atrio M5 is a great choice. Some of the best low frequency extension I've heard in an IEM, but it's not muddy and doesn't blanket other frequencies.

They do need a good period of burn-in to achieve a more balanced sound, as the bass is a bit bloaty and uncontrolled right out of the box.

Oct 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by downbc1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser cx300 is the best. Other high end earphones have irritating high end treble

Just goes to show how everyone's ears are different. In my experience, the CX300 was a major offender when it came to irritating highs. Harsh sibilance galore. The Atrio's highs, on the other hand, weren't irritating in the slightest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and i dont consider CX300 high end. it's low-mid end.

Ditto.

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 29
Se530s best IEMs you can get. In my opinion =]]

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are several I can recommend right off the top of my head:

Sennheiser CX500 - a mountain of bass.
Denon AH-C751 - more bass than can ever be needed...lol
Klipsch Image X10 - small but carries a big stick.
V-Moda Bass Freq - very inexpensive and sounds sufficiently well with lots of bass.

For cheap ($50) I can certainly recommend the Skullcandy Titans. Don't let their "hip hop"
image turn you off. Their bass prowess is AMAZING!

Best,

Oz

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip> Side note: Interestingly, a few others around here have indicated
that the Ink'd are the ugly ducklings of the Skullcandy bunch, in that they
actually sound decent.
tongue.gif

100% AGREE.

For even better sonics you just have to consider the laser-cut aluminum housing
Skullcandy TITANS. Quite AMAZING @ only $50 bucks!

Best,

Oz

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylrules /img/forum/go_quote.gif
100% AGREE.

For even better sonics you just have to consider the laser-cut aluminum housing
Skullcandy TITANS. Quite AMAZING @ only $50 bucks!

Best,

Oz

And you have to break-in Skullcandies hard for the first 24 hours btw. Otherwise you get
muffled highs (uhh like almost no highs), thick sounding mids, and an overripe, somewhat
muddy bass.

If you take your time with them I think you'll be incredibly impressed over the Ink'd. The
aluminum housing makes a world of difference methinks. I own both. Actually, I'm surprised
someone (you?) did not care for their flagship FMJ which are virtually identical to the Titans
except better wiring. Mmmm. I think people are not breaking these in before their make their
judgement. I tell you, they totally suck before you run them in. Even an hour later they are
miles better.

And if you can swing up to $100 then the V-Moda Vibe (Duo or not) get my vote. Killer bass
and you don't have to suffer through the agonizing HF break-in the Skullcandies need. These
sound nice an open right from the start.

Good luck,

Oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back