Need a good quality cable to shield from computer interference...
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
I am having issues with my Fischer Audio FA-002W's. I use them with my computer as a source and I am getting tons of static and interference. I only assume it's from the computer. As I move the cable around the computer, the interference gets better or worse and not in relation to how close it is to the computer. Sometimes I have to move the cable closer to get the static to go away. Also, the cables on the headphones now are pretty chincy, very thin and just kinda cheap. 

So right now, all I am looking for is something of decent quality that will help protect from the interference, and something that gives an air of quality would be nice too...something that looks good would be bonus. I am not trying to change the sound as I am quite happy with that.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 5
What in the computer are you plugged into?

That said, I'd just look for a shielded cable, it will probably come as an extension (which you can just cut the female end off of and append to the headphones) - Hosa makes an example that should only cost a few dollars. If you don't wanna chop anything up, you could just run the extension from the computer to the headphones' cable, and just use that to put distance and shield into the equation.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 5
USB>DAC>Amp>Headphones. The whole system is sitting on top of the tower. 

Come to find out however it was the tubes going bad causing the noise, not the computer. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks...too bad I fried my amp figuring it out 
mad.gif

I think I'm going to recable anyways. Since I got myself all worked up over doing it, I figure I might as well. The cables are pretty cheap so I figure a good quality cable and plugs can't hurt and they'll look better too. Looks like I don't need to worry so much about shielding at least since my computer wasn't the issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back