Need a good pair of headphones ($150)
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 38
Ok so my AKG k240 sound much better than the Sennheiser HD 428 S overall. Plus the AKG are just more comfortable.

If I could just get some more bass in AKG k240!
I don't have an amp or DAC yet. Thinking of picking up an audioengine D1. Would this help out on the low end with the AKG?

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
Sol republic hd is very nice. I have the deadmau5 limited editions and love them to death.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

uhh really?

I like them, what's wrong with Sol republic? They are good headphones not vmodas by any means but they are still good. They aren't for everyone, more geared towards techno, dub step, metal, rap. If you want nice punchy bass, decent mids, and decent highs then try em out. You can customize them with new headbands and different drivers.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:
I like them, what's wrong with Sol republic? They are good headphones not vmodas by any means but they are still good. They aren't for everyone, more geared towards techno, dub step, metal, rap. If you want nice punchy bass, decent mids, and decent highs then try em out. You can customize them with new headbands and different drivers.

I've tried a few Sol republic in shops. They are absolute crap, and the build quality is just as bad.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:
I've tried a few Sol republic in shops. They are absolute crap, and the build quality is just as bad.

the headband looks like it's made out of acrylic
blink.gif
 and it DOESN'T PIVOT 
so it is impossible for me to get a seal out of that thing (or comfort)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back