Need a few pointers setting up a desk top system
Nov 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ematthews

100+ Head-Fier
I've been into HiFi audio for a long time and have a good system in my Den. So I have a fair amount of audio knowledge.  Decided to set up a desktop system in my bedroom and need a little help. Source will be my Apple Imac. DAC will be either my Parasound ZDac V2 or my Chord mojo .Or maybe something new....Now I will be using this in conjunction with a 2.1 audio set up at the same spot.  JLB Studio 530 as my monitors with a sub that I haven't purchased yet. Any suggestions on a Amp/Dac combo that will power both the 2.1 system and my headphones for late night listening? I could use multiple options if needed. Would like an all in one but it's not a big deal. Basically just asking for help on the Amp/Dac combo to use.
I would like to keep it under $1500 if I can.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I can only think of 2 amps in the headphone space with speaker taps at the moment. The Schiit Ragnarok and the Linear Tube Audio microZOTL. There have been others, most probably low powered tube amps. The sub is an issue with these though, are you looking for something like a home theater integrated amp instead? Those of course will have the LFE output for a sub.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 3
No no no. No AVR here. Looking for a small desktop system. There are a few our there with dedicated LFE Sub out. You can always use the RCA Out to power a sub as well. I have some extra stuff to use at home, but it's full size Audio components. TEAC makes a few that are a little thin on Power. Peachtree is there although a little large. I'll check out some others too. Keep the suggestions coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back