Need a earbuds that's better than the Bose IME2
Jun 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lsfb333

New Head-Fier
Hey guys Im new to the forum. I been using the Bose IME2 every since it came out and it's just incredible. But it's been 3 years and I was just wondering if there is any earbuds better than it.

I bought the klipsch s4i along with the iPhone4 on iPhone4's launching day cause I thought my new phone deserves a good earbuds.  Boy was I wrong. klipsch s4i is nothing more than a piece of crap! Please excuse my language or if I offended any klipsch fans, but im just trying to speak of my mind. The sound will break when the note is too high and there is absolutely no bass. I really thought the old model earbuds made by Apple that came with the iPhone4 is better than the klipsch s4i. I seriously don't know why people would think klipsch s4i is good. So please don't recommend it to me cause I saw a lot of kilpsch recommendations on the forum.

Last summer I went to the Apple store and this girl suggested me to try the B&W C5. I did and I can tell the audio quality is better than the IME2. But only by a tiny bit and it would hurt my ears if i have them in for more than 10 min. Whats even worth is that it broke twice on me for the past year and even though my warrant is still good to get a free repair but im not even gonna bother. I went back to the IME2.

The above is my complete history with earbuds. As everyone can tell im still a newb. I heard some good things about the Etymotic hf3, how is it really? It would be great if any experts can give me some recommendations. To me Sound quality >Comfort>Look. Price range: under 200$

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #9 of 9
Most entry level audiophile earphones in the $50-75 range should easily best your Bose earphones. I have personally tried this with my own earphones in the Bose showroom.

Soundmagic PL30/50 should be better. Brainwavz M2 and above should be better. And similar priced earphones in the $30-75 range should compete/beat your Bose earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back