Need a Dog Walking Grado for my iphone
Mar 11, 2008 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

shawntp

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks - Im a long time grado fan (used to own HF-1, MS2i and RS1) but had to sell some gear off to fund my first passion - playing guitar.

Anyways - I live in downtown Indianapolis - its a city but it isnt too noisy.

I want a headphone for when I walk my dog that I can just plug right into my iphone. I want something open so I can still be sensitive to my surroundings (people saying something to me, cars zooming, etc - I do not like isolation).

With that I also understand that Im probably going to have to trim the tip/recable/or dremmel to get the headphones to fit my iphone.

Whats the current favorite for my application (unamped iphone)?

SR60, SR80, SR125, MS1, SR225?

I could drop about 100-150 but I dont have to.

Oh - and I already own a pair of igrado which are ok but I feel like I am missing out. Ive been using my YUIN PK1's also but somehting in me urges to just cruise around and hear that grado groove.

I listen to rock, blues, and jazz.

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawntp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey folks - Im a long time grado fan (used to own HF-1, MS2i and RS1) but had to sell some gear off to fund my first passion - playing guitar.

Anyways - I live in downtown Indianapolis - its a city but it isnt too noisy.

I want a headphone for when I walk my dog that I can just plug right into my iphone. I want something open so I can still be sensitive to my surroundings (people saying something to me, cars zooming, etc - I do not like isolation).

With that I also understand that Im probably going to have to trim the tip/recable/or dremmel to get the headphones to fit my iphone.

Whats the current favorite for my application (unamped iphone)?

SR60, SR80, SR125, MS1, SR225?

I could drop about 100-150 but I dont have to.

Oh - and I already own a pair of igrado which are ok but I feel like I am missing out. Ive been using my YUIN PK1's also but somehting in me urges to just cruise around and hear that grado groove.

I listen to rock, blues, and jazz.

If you can afford it get some 225's.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 13
Yeah - I am sorta looking at the MS1 vs SR225.

One advantage with the MS1 is it has a chance of being easily modified to fir the iphone where the 224 would need a total re-cable job. I''' have to look around to see if anyone has cable options that fir the iphone.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 13
I would hate to cut up a ms1 or 225. Maybe you can find an adapter.

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #13 of 13
I suppose if you were really determined to have some grados you could recable. I use a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter on my 225's and wrap the excess around my neck once at work. It is a lot for walking around with though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back