Need a DAC recommendation for my older Yamaha CD player....
Dec 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zeno

Head-Fier
I have an older Yamaha CD player, model CDX-730 that was introduced in 1989,....it uses the Burr-Brown PCM61P DAC in it.....That model has a digital optical output, so I have the option of using that to hook it up to a dedicated DAC....I am a newbie at the component DAC world.....

Can I presume pretty much all of the dedicated DACs are better sounding that the DAC that is built into my Yamaha player? And if not, which dedicated DACs would not sound any better than the Yamaha built in one? I ask, since I potentially would not want to spend on a DAC that is no better than the one that i already have in the Yamaha CD player.....recommendations would be appreciated.....would not want to spend tons on a separate DAC though.....To me, my yamaha player sounds very good as it is however....Wondering about my DAC upgrade options though.....I use an older Yamaha A-1000 Class A Amp that came out in 1984 that is only analog.

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 2
No recommendations???? Sigh.....The Yamaha CDX-730 was a popular mid range CD player, surely someone out there that knows something about dedicated DACs can give me some advice here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back