Need a DAC for multi platform gaming..
Oct 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Critical50

Head-Fier
I was considering the Astro Mixamp, but I was told when I use it with PC I wont be able to use the surround sound on it because it doesnt come with Dolby Digital. So is there a way for me to get Dolby Digital onto my PC..? I went onto their website and saw nothing about downloading, just what its used in and stuff.

Then I was considering the Creative Recon 3D soundcard, which is also said to be multiplatform. Ive never actually owned a soundcard besides the Xonar U7 by Asus, but Im returning it because the software wont recognize the device. And I cant figure out how to fix it.

Any of you guys know anything about the Recon 3D? I cant find many good reviews. I dont plan on getting the headset bundle, just the soundcard.

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 4
Well I heard the ODAC works with Razer Surround and other Surround software and ASIO, but I would not use surround sound software at all while gaming it ruins the quality and the positioning and engineering put into the game, just use the standard headphone setting on the audio settings of the video game.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 4
He should use what sound good to him, you might not like what razer surround software does to the audio but he might not be bothered by it. also different headphones and gear will have different results with it too.  The only reason why I stop using razer surround software my self is that some reason you can use the dac usb input in music player even with the razer disabled and that got annoying.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Razer surround honestly sounds a bit weaker than other stuff like Dolby, THX, CMSS, etc.

Considering its free I shouldnt complain but Ive heard rumors of Razer wanting to charge $20 for the software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back