Need a couple of options.
Nov 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

deltaspirit

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I have been slightly out of the loop the past couple of months after selling my dacmagic and focusing on my other hobbies. My hd650's have been sitting around forever along with my la figaro 332S ver 1 & 2, I will be keeping one of the figaro's since they pretty much sound the same and I love the warm tube sound, but I need a proper dac. I wanted to get a coaxial dac to use with foobar & FLAC, but there are so many choices, and I feel as though I need something that will go well with the tube amp. I was thinking about a DAC-19 DF, but have heard it sound very neutral.

Any ideas?

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 8
I just noticed I did not reveal a budget, I would not like to pay more then $500 and have no issues with used items. I have been looking at the audio GD dac-19 DF more and more and it seems to be the best thing in that price range and a very good dac in general.

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 8
Anyone? I'm just looking for some alternatives, if you guy's know of any please feel free to mention them.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 8
NFB 2 for musicality. I think its cheaper too. Too bad you sold your DM, its a great sounding DAC, very musical.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
NFB 2 for musicality. I think its cheaper too. Too bad you sold your DM, its a great sounding DAC, very musical.

To be honest, the dacmagic did not fit well with the warm sounding tube amp and hd650's. I had no idea audio gd had released another dac, I will be sure to look into it.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
To be honest, the dacmagic did not fit well with the warm sounding tube amp and hd650's. I had no idea audio gd had released another dac, I will be sure to look into it.

I know what you mean. I much prefer Ref5 with my tube amp and HD600.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I know what you mean. I much prefer Ref5 with my tube amp and HD600.

I took a look at the prices of the NFB-2 & NFB-3 and for whatever reason the NFB-3 is cheaper? I may be wrong but according to the audio gd page the NFB-3 uses higher quality parts so why would it be cheaper?

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB-2/NFB2EN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back