Need a cheaper alternative replacement pad for HD580.
Oct 4, 2006 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bubblegummy

Head-Fier
Hi guys

One of the thin pad on my right is torn and I could see inside the driver. Sennheiser sells the complete replacement pad for USD 40.35/pair but I just need the thin pad. My 2 large round pad are still in very good condition. Does anyone has any good advice if I can get anything outthere as an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 4, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 4
i would recommend pulling the large earpads off, removing the foam undernieth and putting the big earpad back on. if you dont like the sound then post a Want To Buy thread in the FS forums, i'd be willing to bet someone would give you a set of Senn foams, mine are damaged too, where the pads press on them has worn thin and ripped.

Oct 4, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
i would recommend pulling the large earpads off, removing the foam undernieth and putting the big earpad back on. if you dont like the sound then post a Want To Buy thread in the FS forums, i'd be willing to bet someone would give you a set of Senn foams, mine are damaged too, where the pads press on them has worn thin and ripped.

If there is no foam pad, I'm worried that the driver might get damaged because anything could get inside. But I do appreciate your advice though because I like the sound w/o the pad.
580smile.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 4
A lot of folks here prefer the sound of the HD580, 600, 650 with out the foam, including me. You could use some panty hoses to protect the drivers as some others have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back