Need a cable for sound card(3.5mm) to amp (rca's)
Dec 21, 2004 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ImMersion

100+ Head-Fier
I need a cable adapter that goes from male headphone jack to 2 rca to go into my amp (Btech bt928). I dont want one that costs more that about 20 dollars, so i dont want an audiophile grade adapter. Something decent, something gold plated would be nice.

Best buy has an "IPOD" monster cable adapter, but that thing costs about ~35, just for an adaper, ouch!

any suggestions?

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 7
i picked up a Belkin for $20.00 at the computer store that seems to be a very nice cable.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Try the Striaghtwire portable cable from http://www.headphone.com/

About $20 and decent quality.

I guess i didnt spell it out......I need a mini to 2 male rca outputs so that i can plug it into my amp

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImMersion
I guess i didnt spell it out......I need a mini to 2 male rca outputs so that i can plug it into my amp

So you don't need a cable that goes from 1/8" mini to 2-RCA (male), you just need a small adapter that goes from 1/8" mini to two RCA female plugs, so you can use your own RCA cables? If that's what you're looking for (no cables), then the one I jsut got from Audioquest is probably what you're looking for. It is the highest quality adapter I've found of its kind, and cost around $12-13 at Needledoctor. Radioshack sells the adapters too, but they are inferior quality.

-Keith

Dec 22, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 7
It looks like you changed the title of your post to say you need a cable instead of an adapter. If that is indeed the case (you're still not terribly clear), then there are literally dozens of posts about quality 1/8" stereo mini to dual male RCA plugs. Some of the posts are on the front page of this sub-forum too.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back