Need a budget expert
Aug 20, 2008 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Goodfella

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I recently purchased a pair of atrio m8 and a 5.5 gen ipod as it is my first purchase in the audiophile world (NEWB) I bought the atrio m8 because i found nothing but great reviews also it fit my description :

-Price
-Good Netural Bass

Which is a need because I listen to alot of Ol'school hip hop which have alot of drums and kicks so to speak.

imm a student
frown.gif
and my budget is low and i was just wondering if i could get something under 120 to make my listeneing expirence better possibly a amp if someone can reccomend a amp please recommend one that will make my rig better with out it being big tiny or small sized would be nice

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 8
You can get a used Headsix on the FS forum for about $120 but you will still need a LOD.

Maybe get a really good cmoy like a penguin amp or similar and a LOD?

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see thats the problems is the c-moy amp somethign that you have to build because my soildering and tech skills are limited lol

Hey! It's as good as anytime to start learning! Else they won't get any better eh?

Gives you a sense of what goes on inside these things too
redface.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see thats the problems is the c-moy amp somethign that you have to build because my soildering and tech skills are limited lol

You don't have to build it (penguin amps are sold assembled I think). Are you not satisfied with the sound? I'm not a budget expert, but I recommend trying to achieve the greatest surplus (or smallest deficit), which would involve not buying anything.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 8
You can buy a good prebuilt cmoy anywhere form $40-100. I have a biosciencegeek cmoy (I believe $45 on ebay, biosciencegeek is the seller's name) which was great for the price but has since been in a drawer since I bought a Headsix and a Ibasso D2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back