Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

EldaG

New Head-Fier
Hey my M50 starting to get old and i want to upgrade into new headphones

my budget is 250$

i listen to rock (indie, alternative, classic , etc)

I dont care about sound leak \ noise sealing \ over or on ear

i have fiio e07k amp - just to let you know 

please reccomand me some good haedphones or tell me what you think about:

Sennheiser HD25
V moda m80

thanks!

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 14
I've got an HD25. I think it's good but not as interesting as the Amperior. Ultimately I've listened to and bought a lot of the best closed headphones and vastly prefer the Yamaha pro 400 over all of em. If you search it, I've written a lot of detailed opinions on the different phones I've experienced. What's your source? The 400s are incredibly efficient and can get pretty loud off of my Sansa Clip. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 14
Looks like you're on the wrong side of the forums friend.
"STOP! Post your "Help!", "Recommendations", "Looking for..." and other question threads in the new Help & Recommendations Forum not here." is at the top of the page, but anyways.
Do you need them to be portable, or are they going to be for home use, do you prefer on ear or over ear (or you don't mind)?

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #13 of 14
I'm gonna agree with everyone here and say that the X1 is pretty much your best bet. It's essentially the best midfi headphone you can find. The comfort and build quality is also exceptional. One would need to spend MUCH more to get noticeable increases in sound quality.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #14 of 14
After listening to the ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT-770, Grado SR-125 and HD-650, my Rock enthusiast co-workers mostly bought the DT-770 for themselves.  

One guy got the DT-880.

(This unscientific sample doesn't correct for the price differences.  There was a flurry of activity after I started listening to my Lyr at work.)

I would say the DT-770 has more bass impact than the DT-880, but the detail and timbre of the bass is better on the '880.

I think you'll find either one a nice step up from the ATH-M50.  I haven't heard the M80, HD25, X1 or others mentioned in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back