Neco Soundlab V3 DUAL AMP portable headphone amplifier - any good?
Feb 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rabidgamer

Head-Fier
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-V3-DUAL-AMP-portable-headphone-amplifier/140691507672?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=004&category=122650&cmd=ViewItem

I know little to nothing about amps, I have an E11 currently for my HFI 780s (don't really need an amp but I feel the bass is a bit better and I can hear the mids a little more when using it) anyway, going to be getting a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900s real soon and just wondering if this amp would be a good purchase? Not necessarily for the Pro 900s, although if it improves then it'd be a bonus but for the future when I eventually decide to get more expensive and power hungry cans lol... I've seen a few threads about the V2 so basically just wondering if the V3 is just as good.

Also read that it rivals a lot of good desktop amps, basically it sounds perfect for such a low price and the guy making it is a real nice guy too, just wanting some advice before I go spending even more money I don't really have yet. :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 5
I haven't heard the V3 yet, but previous versions were exceptional, doubly so considering the price.

Build like a brick though, but if that's not an issue for you then its a good bet.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the older 18V "portable" from Neco, which came in a bigger enclosure. The new V3, which is an evolution of the older 9V portable design, looks like a winner in every respect. I absolutely love my 18V portable amp from Neco. It is among my favorites. Check my profile if you want to see what I am comparing it to -- the Neco stands with the best. You won't be disappointed and Neco really is a great guy.

Best,
Adam

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Just have the neco v3 for about one month, now I am using it with Sflo´s 2 line out and my Sennheiser hd650.
In high gain I can´t go more to 9 o clock, it has incredible power and very good soundstage and separation.

Higly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back