nearfield speakers
May 17, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 22
Ah, well, my experience is only with Event 20/20 BAS.
wink.gif

I've also briefly heard a few of their Studio Precision monitors, which sounded much flatter to me (a good thing, IMO).

May 18, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, well, my experience is only with Event 20/20 BAS.
wink.gif

I've also briefly heard a few of their Studio Precision monitors, which sounded much flatter to me (a good thing, IMO).

The 20/20 BAS has been discontinued.The ALP 5 is a newer disign that has some trickle down engineering from the ASP8/ASP6 projects.I bought them from Professional Audio Solutions @ $289 including shipping.I am not about to get rid of my turntable but for the price of these speakers and E-MU 0404/USB soundcard,its a very impressive sounding system.

May 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #19 of 22
Update: I was looking at the Aerial Acoustic Model 5's, based on recommendations everywhere. But recently, the Linn Tukans have been getting my interest. Anybody have much experience with the Tukans?

May 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefosho315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I was looking at the Aerial Acoustic Model 5's, based on recommendations everywhere. But recently, the Linn Tukans have been getting my interest. Anybody have much experience with the Tukans?

I have not heard the Tukans, but I can tell you that the Model 5s are simply fantastic. If I had 2k and I had to go small, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Be aware, though, that they need LOTS of power to sound their best. Definitely not an efficient speaker, but very dynamic and detailed, a little on the warm side of neutral, great bass (with enough power), and killer soundstage/imaging. However, I'm not sure I would recommend them for nearfield listening, I always thought they needed to be turned up to really come alive.

May 20, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by alienman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I don't get it. Are Totem and Linn dealers tied together?

Sorry, that was a major brain fart on my part. I was thinking the Tukans were a Totem model for some reason, didn't catch the Linn part in the post before mine. I will edit my previous post. The fact remains that I have not heard the Tukans though
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back