NE7M upgrade
Jul 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Abhishek

New Head-Fier
So, I lost my NE7M in the gym. Was thinking of buying them again, but was wondering if there's a significant upgrade available for say around 20-30$ more.
I really liked them, served for well over a year, but I'd be looking for something similar in sound signature, but maybe a little more detailed, and a little more livelier?

Mainly listen to rock/metal. From Led Zeppelin, to Nirvana, to Arcade Fire, to Jeff Buckley, to Tool, to Porcupine Tree, to Pantera, to a little bit of Lamb of God.

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 9
I would recommend reading up on the ViSang R03. Similar signature to the NE-7M but a bit more realistic in timbre and slightly better all around.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Timbre is the character presentation of individual instruments (I think that's a fair definition). The Visang R03/Brainwavz M2 can be had at Mp4nation, or probably Ebay.

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #8 of 9
Hmm, there's the highly anticipated Meelec M11+ that should be released before the end of the month. It falls right about in that price range. Reviews for it should come soon after release. It's what's keeping me from an upgrade at the moment. 

Others I may consider if I were you (because they're what I'm considering if the M11+ doesn't come through as hoped): Fischer Audio Eterna, Silver Bullet. But even Fischer is releasing new units soon. It's a time of transition, it seems.

Not sure how any of those match in sound sig. But you may find a different sound sig you never realized you liked. VB Hippo? Probably a lot different sig. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back