NE-7m tips...
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Devon8822

100+ Head-Fier
I literally just got some NE-7Ms that I ordered. Sounds hollow... and midless. Also, the large tips that fit best, and what i normally use, have no bass. The smallest tip seems to fit in loosely but has a good sound, which is weird. Are these supposed to lack mids? Are their better tips out there for these?

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Try giving them a bit of a burn in about 85 hours or so

Also would be a best idea to order in some Comply T400's for a good fit and will make a difference. Some from the Shure E2C IEM would work too

Best Regards

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 9
I love my Comply tips. The burnin is also very helpfull as has been suggested. I burned mine for about 40 hours and did the rest of the burnin just using the phones.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 9
To me they are more mid recessed than my IE8s or PK3s, but not midless. They also don't have the warmth the IE8 has, but it does sound like a fit issue. I wear mine with the large tips just barely in my ear canals enough to get a seal, if I stick them in they don't sound nearly as good.

And they did sound OK out of the box, but with burn in they sound much better.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 9
Yes, perhaps the most frequent complaint from NE-7M owners are the quality of the stock tips. As others have mentioned, Comply or Shure e2c tips work well.

Also be sure to check out the official NE-7M thread if you have any other questions, it is a great resource.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 9
I'd recommend a popular UE mod... Get the comply 400 tips, then pull out the filter and put them into a pair of UE silicone sleeves. Then these will fit (a little tough to get on) onto the NE-7Ms... provides great isolation and a little bigger tip to better fit in your ear.

good luck. I love the 7Ms...

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me they are more mid recessed than my IE8s or PK3s, but not midless. They also don't have the warmth the IE8 has, but it does sound like a fit issue. I wear mine with the large tips just barely in my ear canals enough to get a seal, if I stick them in they don't sound nearly as good.

And they did sound OK out of the box, but with burn in they sound much better.

I don't think any phone can be midless.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 9
Has anyone been able to use tri-flange tips with these?

My friend had Ultimate Ears with tri-flange and they were really awesome in every way...would tri-flange on these nuForce be equally awesome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back