Ne-7M Problems
Jun 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ECL

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased some Nuforce Ne7ms based off of reviews on this site and have been using them for about 3 days now. But recently they started acting all funny. Everytime the jack rotates or moves in the socket, the song that is playing either stops all together or changes to a different song, which is really REALLY annoying? Does anyone else have this problem or a solution to this problem?

Also, the headphones sound pretty good so far but when there is a lot of crashes and drums, it gets kind of blurry and blended in with the rest of the music. Will further burn in fix this?

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Its likely dirty contacts accidentally shorting the remote button signal pin to ground.

I think you are using an iphone, as 1 press/short will stop the music, and 2 or 3 consecutive press/shorts will advance to the next track or previous track respectively.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 5
What source are you using?

Burn in helps the NE-7. 50 hours is recommended, however my NE-7 was still kinda boomy at around 100 hours, but that has since subsided and I have (guessing) 500+ hours on them.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Does the same thing happen with the stock iPod headphones? If so, try cleaning your jack with isopropyl alcohol. You can use a cotton swab, but be careful as some cotton may come off in the jack if you are not careful.

If not, I would try 2 things. First, clean the plug with IPA and see if that works. Second, if that doesn't work, play around (jiggle, bend, click, etc.) the mic, as I have read of the mic going bad. If it is a bad mic, NuForce has given me great customer service and should be able to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back