Nature's Perfect Killing Machine?
Jun 3, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

ligerkrf.JPG

Hawt woman on the far left!

Seriously though, that's one kickass animal. Myself, I'm waiting for the snark (snake-shark). <drool>

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
Man, that is way cooler than a Tigon!

*Tion, but either way they're a bit unsettling.

Full marks on using Napoleon jokes without them getting dry and or overused. kudos!
etysmile.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
I got it. When I was watching the movie, though, I never thought a Liger is a real animal, haha.

I know I didnt. I dont think anyone I know did either. Im really waiting for a bird-piranha combo. As long as it doesnt live near me....
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #19 of 31
Can't help but plug my friends' website...

www.antiliger.com

cool.gif

Edit: Which seems to be having some weird problems right now for no apparent reason...

Edit 2: Seems to be working again.

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by IstariAsuka
Can't help but plug my friends' website...

cool. thanks for the link. I especially like the "awesome people who have killed ligers" section
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
am i, along with jefemeister and bleed, the only ones here who got the napoleon dynamite joke?
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Jesssssssssssssssss

wait no, but I also thought it was completely made up

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
cool. thanks for the link. I especially like the "awesome people who have killed ligers" section
biggrin.gif

I always wondered what kind of meat chef boyardee put in his his delicious beefaroni.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #26 of 31
unfortunately, it is not a new species if the animals cannot produce fertile offspring, like the donkey or crazily differing sized dogs.

BTW: it's really great that we now have the liger: an animal that is much faster and slightly larger than both a tiger and lion, the largest known tiger was around eleven feet so i suppose these things can get much larger than twelve. Though I suppose their supposed docile nature would be better to keep for circuses if i head to put my head in their mouth.

Jun 4, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 31
They CAN produce offspring...

Jun 5, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000
They CAN produce offspring...

A male liger can only breed with a tiger producting a "Ti-Liger." Female ligers are sterile. Ligers can not breed with each other, and Tigons can not breed at all.

It's also interesting that a Liger is so huge because the male Lion contribues a growth-inducing gene and the Liger does not get the benefit of the female Lion's growth-inhibting gene. Tigons, conversly, are smaller than both lions and tigers because they only get growth-inhibiting genes.

/class dismissed
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
Man, that is way cooler than a Tigon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrhawk
*Tion, but either way they're a bit unsettling.

Full marks on using Napoleon jokes without them getting dry and or overused. kudos!
etysmile.gif

Tigon sounds way cooler, although it in no way beats the famous Topato though,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tet/topato.jpg lol

btw that's from an ancient thread on gaia arguing over what a tomato and potato would be...no pomato, it's Topato! lol...
eggosmile.gif

As for Liger, when ever I hear that I think of Zoids, the show they aired on Cartoon Network, actually not bad of a show...now only to get vids...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Hawt woman on the far left!

Haha, when I first saw that pic I was like...casting for a bad sci-fi show?

As for the Anti-Liger alliance, I love how DV is on there, and Optimus Prime!, what a great guy he is!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
i knew optimus prime was the man.

AMEN!!

[size=xx-small]MmMMYEAH, how come you guys are anti-each-other, one saying males are sterile, then the othe saying femmes are sterile and males are gayle?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back