narrowing down purchase
Oct 15, 2003 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

metal_monger

100+ Head-Fier
This is part 2 of my orginal thread hehe. I being a broke college student am hell bent on getting the most bang for my small amount of bucks! Here are the 3 choices that I have narrowed down to.

Senn 200
Senn 25sp
Grado SR60

If possible I would like to request a compare and contrast on these heapphones. Particuarly with how well they sound with low output devies (mainly a ipod, since not powered by a amp im not expecting top notch preformance, but perhaps one of these sounds better then the other unamplified), in terms of overall sound and finally (most importantlyl) in terms of isolation.

Thanks for your help.

I will be buying from Headroom, since they support these forums and furthermore I like their honest reviews of gear.

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 4
The SR60's kill the PX200's out of an unamped iPod. Are you planning to use these are portable cans though? The Grados as you've probably read leak much and the cord is long and not the most flexible. Just keep that in mind. Only heard the Senn 25SP briefly and really can't remember much. Seems they were harder to drive than the Grados but that's all I remember.

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes, they will MAINLY be used as portable.

Good thing you mentioned the cord, cuz I am looking for something that is not much longer then the IPOD earbuds cord (im 5'11, they go down from ears to slightly below the waist). This is a critical feature for me.

hehe i dont care if the headphone leaks out, but i dont want anyting leaking in. I also dont listen to headphones at very loud volumes either.

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 4
One more thing about the Sen 25 sp that got my attention is: (from headroom site)

"They're lightweight, fairly comfortable, and portable-friendly. Since they're easy to drive, they work well for many applications"

So, judging from this they would seem to fit the bill. I am just curuios on their sound quality vs the other two. Thanks again for any info =)

Furthermore jsut came accross this sale:

http://store.yahoo.com/simplycheap/sonymdrv6.html

Refurb sony V6..(not 600) so I may consider this headphone now considering its pretty cheap for the supposed quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back