Narrowed down to a few options, now to pull the trigger, help please!
Jun 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RatPatrol01

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

After receiving a FiiO E11 today instead of the E07k I ordered and returning it, I've decided to instead re-invest all my money into an upgrade in headphones. I am currently using a pair of Audio Technica AD700s. For background, I will be using these primarily for listening to EDM music. I also have rather sensitive ears so comfort is a big deal and I am really only interested in over-ears, maybe on-ears if super comfy. Finally, I would prefer open headphones but I am open to closed as long as they aren't too sound isolating and the sound stage isn't awful. Here is what I've narrowed it down to thanks to Amazon Warehouse deals and my budget:

AKG Q701 - Look pretty cozy, have a decent rep but not a great one

Sennheiser HD 598 - look cool, have good rep, but I hear they may not be worth the money and are love or hate comfort wise

Pioneer HDJ-2000-K - Tried these in a best buy, felt so-so, sounded awesome, but that's with generic best buy source, also look awesome

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - don't know much about em but the brand has a good reputation

Denon AH-D1100 - same as the Beyerdynamics

So, anyone have any input? I am ready to pull the trigger pretty much the moment I can come to a conclusion!

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphone
Digbuy is selling them for $154.99, plus tax & shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back