Narrowed down to a few choices for my portable player
Jun 2, 2005 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BadKarma89

New Head-Fier
I've done some reasearch and this is what i've come up with

1. Senn hd 497
2. grado sr 60
3. ety er 61

I have some reservations on the canalphones, i've never used them. Im not worried about fit and comfort, I've use earplugs sometimes and they dont bother me at all, its just that i've heard stories of eardrum ruptures. Do you have to break the seal every time you take them off? What if they get yanked off? I'm using these at school so Im going to have to take them off fairly often, quickly.

Keep in mind the only referance headphone i've used is the koss ksc35. Other than that ive been using the apple earbuds and the standard sony behind the back headphone

Thanks

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 9
Well, what type of music do you listen to?

Grado tend to be more on the rock/bassier side. Er-6i for clarity and detail. I dont know much about the sens. Also, ety is good for isolation, so your music also wont bother others, grados and sens will leak sound.

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 9
I've so far found most of the warnings seem greatly overblown.

I've just yanked my ety's and shures out of ym ears repeatedly with no ill effects
smily_headphones1.gif

I usually exercise a bit more care with the etys, but it's a matter of a moment to remove them "properly"

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
I've so far found most of the warnings seem greatly overblown.

I've just yanked my ety's and shures out of ym ears repeatedly with no ill effects
smily_headphones1.gif

I usually exercise a bit more care with the etys, but it's a matter of a moment to remove them "properly"

Agreed.
etysmile.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
but it's a matter of a moment to remove them "properly"

personally, i think it's more like a matter of teensy, tiny, itty, bitty fractions of a second
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
personally, i think it's more like a matter of teensy, tiny, itty, bitty fractions of a second
smily_headphones1.gif

Thats what I consider a moment
wink.gif
My index finger presses down on the end of the tri-flange as I close my fingers on the barrel, which breaks the seal easily when I pull it out, so it might even be "no time" cause I have to put my finger on the barrel anyway.

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 9
grado sr-60.

they are "smoother" than the senn hd-497, and the ety although probably nicer than the sr-60's are too much for day to day use especically in a school envyroment.

i found i could wear the sr-60 in class and still hear the lectures... that will never happen with an er6.

go for the sr60.

i have had all 3. just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back