"Narrow" DAC. (narrow? Well you should just at the pic)
Mar 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tamirci

Member of the Trade: mobileaudiophile
I am looking for a DAC that fits or narrower than the amp (matrix m-stage) below (11mm)

RCA output must be in the rear as well as inputs and power are.

Thanks

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 13
So, are you saying that it needs to be the same width as the black device in your picture so that it doesn't hang off the ends like the Magni?

BTW, nice doilies...

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 13
So, are you saying that it needs to be the same width as the black device in your picture so that it doesn't hang off the ends like the Magni?

BTW, nice doilies...

Yeah it is a Modi 2 and it hangs off :) I want exactly same sized or something that is narrower. But the conditions I stated below the picture must be met.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 13
HA HA I guess guys with the M-Stage have problem with stacking it.
I use Aune T1 as DAC and can't stack it with the M-Stage too, well it barely could but easily slips off.
The amp is even longer than my Bluray player! 
Smaller one I could think of is the ODAC, you should have taken a look at it already, and yes unfortunately.... output and input are on different side

Or how about we think about it otherwise?
Buy bigger DAC?

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 13
  Yeah it is a Modi 2 and it hangs off :) I want exactly same sized or something that is narrower. But the conditions I stated below the picture must be met.

I hate to state the obvious but why don't you give us the measurements required?? 

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 13
11mm did seem a little small...
tongue.gif

= D

Fiio E10K is very small with everything on the backside, although the line out is for a 3.5mm plug (not RCA outputs).
The former version 'E10' measures well as a DAC, the newer version 'E10K' should be even better.

ODAC and Modi should be a little bit better in terms of technicalities but probably very very similar in terms of audibile performance.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 13
  HA HA I guess guys with the M-Stage have problem with stacking it.
I use Aune T1 as DAC and can't stack it with the M-Stage too, well it barely could but easily slips off.
The amp is even longer than my Bluray player! 
Smaller one I could think of is the ODAC, you should have taken a look at it already, and yes unfortunately.... output and input are on different side

Or how about we think about it otherwise?
Buy bigger DAC?

Bigger DAC? Yeah I was considering to buy Smsl Sanskrit. Looks promising. And I can prevent it slipping off with a double sided band. The Modi above is a temporary solution for it belongs to me my office set (Magni2+Modi2 über)
Or another possible solution it to buy a M-stage DAC. It will fit it perfectly :) http://www.headfonia.com/matrix-m-stage-dac.

Apparently he said (11 mm), though I believe he mistyped it, should be 11 cm (~4.3"), from what I measured just now.
Height and width aren't really an issue

I was about to sleep and opened the post as a rush :)

= D

Fiio E10K is very small with everything on the backside, although the line out is for a 3.5mm plug (not RCA outputs).
The former version 'E10' measures well as a DAC, the newer version 'E10K' should be even better.

ODAC and Modi should be a little bit better in terms of technicalities but probably very very similar in terms of audibile performance.

I feel like I have to use RCA otherwise M-Stage's capability would be wasted. And if I had followed E10 route, TCI Coral optical cable, DH Labs Silver Sonic rca and Supra main cable would follow too 
See: 

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #10 of 13

I was about to sleep and opened the post as a rush :)  
I feel like I have to use RCA otherwise M-Stage's capability would be wasted. And if I had followed E10 route, TCI Coral optical cable, DH Labs Silver Sonic rca and Supra main cable would follow too 
See: 

I can't argue against differences between cables in this part of the forum. If you feel that your cables and connectors (RCA vs mini plug) can make a difference then E10K is not a suitable pick.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #11 of 13
I can't argue against differences between cables in this part of the forum. If you feel that your cables and connectors (RCA vs mini plug) can make a difference then E10K is not a suitable pick.

Yeah I am a believer :) And a strong believer since I saw -heard- it with my own ears.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #13 of 13
Yeah I am a believer
smily_headphones1.gif
And a strong believer since I saw -heard- it with my own ears.

What you hear is the only thing that really matters!
beerchug.gif

I'm not a believer, but still have a 40 dollar french branded cable between the DAC and the amplifier
dt880smile.png

It looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back