Narf... New tin for amp
Dec 10, 2001 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Check it out here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/caffeine/33a6.shtml

lg-penguin-red-4pack.jpg

I think JMT is gonna get some mail from me really soon!

Dec 11, 2001 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 18
Already been done.
smily_headphones1.gif
Do a search at Headwize on "radio shack cmoy saga" in the DIY forum, going back to October or so. I'd give you the link myself, but Headwize's forums are temporarily down right now.

Dec 11, 2001 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 18
Darn, I thought i found something unique. Even still the Reds are not as common as the blacks or the altiods (any version).

The holidays are upon us so some cool collectors tins can be had. The Camel tin seems kinda cool but I'm not a fan of cancer-sticks so I don't think I'll give them free advertising.

Dec 12, 2001 at 2:32 AM Post #5 of 18
I've seen both the red cinnamon and black peppermint mint tins where I get my Penguins (a home furnishing store of all places). Check the link for a scan (sorry, no digital camera) of an interesting looking Hershey's tin I got a month or so ago, has this crystalized looking finish to it.

http://www.geocities.com/livingplasm...ocolatetin.JPG

*sorry for using geocities as a host. If you can't veiw it, try deleting the "www." and enter that url.*

Dec 12, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 18
That is a cool tin. I have an Oreo tin from the '99 holiday season I'd love to use in a home amp.

Dec 12, 2001 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 18
Has anyone else seen the extra-large Altoids tin? It holds about a pound of mints, and is probably 4" x 8" x 1" -- you could fit a pretty freakin' good amp in there, eh JMT?
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2001 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Has anyone else seen the extra-large Altoids tin? It holds about a pound of mints, and is probably 4" x 8" x 1" -- you could fit a pretty freakin' good amp in there, eh JMT?
biggrin.gif

Good call, I forgot about those! That would make a great portable and still have room for mints after cramming 6 9Vs in there.
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2001 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 18
...a tres cool Mickey amp made by JMT which I am super-proud of.

[size=small]Thanks JMT![/size]

- Matt

Dec 13, 2001 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

biggrin.gif

I saw some at a local store and was going to buy a couple, but they were too badly dented.
frown.gif
They would make for a great amp enclosure.

Dec 13, 2001 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

I saw some at a local store and was going to buy a couple, but they were too badly dented. They would make for a great amp enclosure.

JMT: Bed, Bath, & Beyond has tons of them. They have those in Sacto, right?

Dec 13, 2001 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

JMT: Bed, Bath, & Beyond has tons of them. They have those in Sacto, right?

MacDEF, yes, thanks for the heads-up.

Quote:

Originally posted by sasa

Could you reply to me? I am a newbie, learning, and need your help.

sasa, sorry but I have been out of town on business. Every now and then I sneak off and check whats happening here, but don't get a chance to respond to e-mails or PMs. Will do so now that I am home and respond as soon as I can. Please be patient.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2001 at 6:38 AM Post #15 of 18
What about the *miniature* Altoids tins? I remember Apheared posted a picture of an amp that was the same size as a 9V battery... Maybe it would fit...

(Incidentally, Trader Joe's has lotsa tins, altoids and otherwise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back