Nano > Lossless > Gapless?
Nov 8, 2005 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone else playing Apple Lossless files on their Nano?

With the Ipod Mini it was a nightmare at the gym. Kept stopping due to the HD buffer.

But now with a flash player I guess there's no problem?

I've found the battery still lasts a decent amout of time (for a few workouts anyway).

Now if someone out here knows if there is a way yet to create one single gapless track from LOSSLESS files I'll be one happy camper.

Anyone?

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro
I thought under burning you could select no gap while ripping.

I thought that only worked if you were making AAC files?

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
I thought that only worked if you were making AAC files?

It works. But is there any way to stitch Lossless files together that are already made without having to re-rip from the CD?

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 9
Joining tracks does not make a player gapless.

iPods are not gapless. Period. Sonys and the Karma are - natively. If you have to join tracks and it appears as one, that's not gapless support. You need to be able to go between tracks.

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP
iPods are not gapless. Period. Sonys and the Karma are - natively. If you have to join tracks and it appears as one, that's not gapless support. You need to be able to go between tracks.

But you're splitting hairs. If by joining the tracks there is now gap in the sound as the artist intended then you put bookmarks to skip between tracks within the track what's the difference?

I know it's a work-around. But it's a work-around that works. I only have a few albums that warrent gapless playback anyway. DJ Mix's mostly. It's a synch to stich together tracks now so yes you are right that the nano doesn't do it natively but it does play gapless with the work-around.

ZT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back