Nano Line-Out ??
Mar 6, 2007 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ninfan77

New Head-Fier
I realize from reading on this forum, that the 1st gen i-pod nano's have a better sound quality then the newer ones. My question is: Is that only at the headphone out or the line-out also? I'm planning on using a 8gig nano line-out to a tomahawk amp with ES2's. Do I need to worry about what generation nano I buy?? Please help
frown.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks "zip22" yes I realize that.
But what I'm asking is there any difference in the quality of the line-out?? Does anyone know the answer to this?? Is there any difference in the "line-out" quality of the new 8gig nano ipods vs the older ones??

Mar 9, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 4
I own both and I find there is no significant difference between either the headphone outs or lineouts of 1G vs 2G (this is with the equipment in my sig).

I prefer the 2nd gen because it has double capacity, much better battery life, case and screen. Last time I checked, only the 1st gen had rockbox support.

I ran with rockbox for a few months - drag and drop + flac + various SQ tweaks are nice. But the unintuitive UI, horrible battery life and buggy / rawness of it all just left me unhappy.

Regardless of which you get, I'd recommend you get a "skin" from BestSkinsEver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back