Nano: How does it hold up to jogging?
Oct 17, 2005 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

analog-kid

New Head-Fier
Ok - I'm almost completely sold on the Nano - but I wonder how it really holds up to jogging/working out, etc.

Of course, they say it is fine, but does jogging aggravate that screen cracking problem?

Just wondering -

Help me out, Head Fi People!

Oct 17, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 18
I can't see why it would. It's a flash player, it's made for jogging. Go for it!

Oct 17, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 18
I want to know from someone who's actually used it - I'm not gonna spend $200 and then have it break! And I'm not gonna believe that it won't break just because it's an iPod and Apple is sooooo great...

Oct 17, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 18
Well i dont think he meant that, must be your assumption...

Back in topic i have one and i havent tested it in long jogging sessions (until i buy a proper armband im using my muvo v200) but i use public transport and after that its usually 5-10 blocks to wherever i need to go, and i get bored pretty easily walking so i jog to destination, having it on my shirt pocket, no problems at all, is very comfortable and no scratches, providing you have it in an armband i suppose but in my case a soft cloth bag does nicely; make sure it isnt going to fall off from your pocket if not planning to use ith with an accessory like belt clip or armband.

and a little recommendation: dont assume, and if you do dont retaliate pretending your assumption was right
wink.gif
, you also say you wont believe things just because its fame, but you tend to blindly overestimate the comments on the screen cracking problem; you seem to be looking for objectiveness, try not to deviate from it.

another recommendation, get the 4GB one, the price difference is more than worth double the storage capacity.

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 18
Ok - one more bump to see if there is anyone out there who has really put their nano through hell -

I'm also wondering if the click wheel loses any effectiveness after it has been bounced around.

- ak

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 18
It's awesome for jogging and activity. It's thin, light, and hardly noticable in a pocket when jogging, so much so that the headphones and headphone cord become a nuisance. It's light enough where if you drop it, it hangs from earbuds or headphones stuck in your ears or on your head, so the nano doesn't actually hit the ground but dangles safely.

Oct 20, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog-kid
I want to know from someone who's actually used it - I'm not gonna spend $200 and then have it break! And I'm not gonna believe that it won't break just because it's an iPod and Apple is sooooo great...

Um, I have a nano, as is listed in my signature. Apple is certainly not all that great, I have many problems with their decisions and with their mp3 players. I find it hard to believe that the nano can withstand too much pressure bending it head-to-toe (especially the screen), and it is widely publicized that it scratches by looking at it. But, there is no danger in jogging with any flash player, including the nano, unless you drop it and run over it with a car.

edit: and no, the click wheel is not affected by jogging. I bought the nano TO jog with, that is its only purpose for me.

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 18
Nano works for jogging fine. I have it in a silicone case and I just hold it in my hand.

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 18
I have one as well and it's great for running.

I either stick it in my pocket or use the Apple arm band (looks like an ugly giant band-aid). No problems either way and I have been using it virtually every day since i got mine two days after they were released.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Good thing I'm not buff, I hear the official armband doesn't extend far enough for some.

I've always had the same problem with athletic supporters.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back