Name your favorite music mag
Jun 30, 2001 at 4:12 PM Post #16 of 23
...my personal fave would have to be Metal Maniacs - easily found, yet covers a wide variety of metal, instead of just crappy, flavour-of-the-month Adidas rock.

other faves:
MaximumRockNRoll
Under The Volcano
Motion Sickness
Chronicles Of Chaos e-zine
Aversion online

seems like Kerrang! went downhill yrs ago ... it's not much different from mags like Circus or Metal Edge (yeeech) these days...

Jun 30, 2001 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by eastsidemetalhd
[B
seems like Kerrang! went downhill yrs ago [/B]

Never a true word more spoken
frown.gif
The same applies to Metal Hammer unfortunatly
rolleyes.gif

There used to be a really good rock mag called Raw out a bout 5 or 6 years ago, went down hill and then stopped printing, shame really cause in its heyday it was superb!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2001 at 11:48 PM Post #18 of 23
I used to thumb through Circus Magazine when I was practically a toddler - hey, I needed my updates on Ratt, Kiss, and Quiet Riot back then
biggrin.gif
. I stopped reading it when they featured Bon Jovi. bleccchh! (IMHO heh heh). Kerrang! seems very mainstream but I haven't read it all that much. I must say that Spin is absolute dogsh!t these days after picking up the May issue. There's lots of @sswipe in there but not much reading. Then there's Rolling Stone - zzzzz. Billboard is OK. Its a shame because I thought American music was getting out of its post grunge lull. Somebody wake up their journalists.

Jul 1, 2001 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 23
"And that goes for all you punks in the press
That want to start sh** by printin' lies
Instead of the things we said
That means you
Andy Secher at Hit Parader
Circus Magazine
Mick Wall at Kerrang
Bob Guccione Jr; at Spin,
what you pissed off cuz your dad gets more
P**** than you?
screw you!
Suck my screwin' d***.

You be rippin' off the screwin' kids
while they be payin' their hard earned
money to read about the bands
they want to know about
Printin' lies startin controversy
You wanta antagonize me
Anatagonize me motherf***er
Get in the ring motherf***er
And I'll kick your bitchy little a**
Punk"

Name the Group/Album/Song

Sorry about the almost-profanities in there. I think this song is pretty cool for the fact that it doesn't suck up to journalists, but tells the truth instead.

Jul 1, 2001 at 12:55 PM Post #20 of 23
hahaha - Guns N' Roses letting loose on "Get In The Ring" from Use Your Illusion 2.

...think that's the first thing you commit to memory when you get that album - or is that just me and my fellow losers??

Jul 1, 2001 at 1:17 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
I read the reviews at http://www.pitchforkmedia.com almost everyday. They write about the music I like and most of the time I share their opinions, i like it a lot!

haha, pitch fork media is hardcore about music. it's interesting to read but they are so critical its funny.

If you live in Australia, pick up Juice magazine, they are like pitch fork also, and is a very good mag.

Jul 1, 2001 at 2:16 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by eastsidemetalhd
hahaha - Guns N' Roses letting loose on "Get In The Ring" from Use Your Illusion 2.

...think that's the first thing you commit to memory when you get that album - or is that just me and my fellow losers??

Heh, it's a great song isn't it? I love it, it always gets me in a good mood for some reason. Wonder why the press always seem to paint it out to be the low-point of the album though?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back