Name your favorite giant and/or giant-killer hybrid or dynamic-driver universal iems
Sep 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fzman

Headphoneus Supremus
I have rediscovered that I really love the way that dynamic driver iems present the music, specifically percussion, and their slam and wallop in the bass.  It's not about the quantity or the frequency, it's more about capturing the whole wave, from leading edge, through the bloom,and into the decay.

I listen to a range of music, but mostly acoustic jazz, with a bunch of prog, fusion, and nu-metal mixed in.  I value timbral accuracy, and being fooled into thinking the peformers are "right there".  This is not just about image or soundstage, but primarily about coherence. Given a choice, I'd rather warm than bright, but really want something that gets out of the way and brings me closer to the music.

I have a few iems that I like, but am on the prowl for "the one", so I can thin the herd.  I have Fidue A91s, UM Merlin V2s, and Sony XBA-Z5s right now, but am curious what like-eared Head-Fi-ers would recommend, like  Oriolus, Rhapsodio, and Radius, to name a few based on their personal listening experiences and compared to others in this category.   I already have very good multi-BA ciems.  I want the Head-Fi skinny on hybrid or dynamic iems that can hang with or beat the current crop of totl iems, mostly all of which are multiple-BA designs.  Price is not my main concern, performance is.  But, they do not have to be expensive if they are 'the one' for me, that is, if they are a combination of the right signature at the right level of performance.

Thanks for reading this- looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back