'Name Those Portables!' Contest [ended]
Dec 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ljokerl

Portables Reviewerus Prolificus
I've actually done this once before with IEMs, here, and I think it's worth doing again. Shot a pic of a couple of the portable phones in my stable (yes, I know that I have an addiction). The first person to ID all of the phones correctly in the correct order either by posting (if you're that confident) or via PM will get a small trifle of a gift from my desk (nothing fancy; just a small token). Each entrant will only get two tries, so make them count! Edit: won by asrphani. Thanks for the entries, everyone

portablephonespart32.jpg

I know that the picure is not perfect; that's what makes this a challenge! And please, in the spirit of the community, no cheating
wink.gif

Answer key (with some links, courtesy of iPoodz
beerchug.gif
):

M-Audio Q40
Senn HD25-1 II
JVC HA-M750
Ultrasone Zino
Phillips SP5400 {mine are in grey; not sure why}
JVC HAS 700
AT ES7
Creative Aurvana Live!
K81DJ
K181DJ

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 20
Where did you get that philips HP???Could not find it on net..

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by asrphani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you get that philips HP???Could not find it on net..

It's out there somewhere. Not a common model, to be sure, but a very interesting phone nevertheless.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 20
It's quite fun,i am searching for a philips headphone for the first time.lol

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 20
YGPM

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind putting out the list?

Not at all. I'll update the original post
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #11 of 20
Thanks for posting the answer key! (Congrats asrphani!) I think it's great that you hold these contests not only for your generosity but also because they make me feel like less of a geek
tongue.gif
. For example, this has to be my first time seeing the SHP5400, so there's no way I could have guessed that. I'm really curious as to what makes them "interesting."

I'm also eagerly awaiting your review of the CAL!s (I see you off the reflective cup
wink.gif
) which I'm a big fan of. Mine are a lot more scratched up though since I bought them cheap off the 'Bay
frown.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting the answer key! (Congrats asrphani!) I think it's great that you hold these contests not only for your generosity but also because they make me feel like less of a geek
tongue.gif
. For example, this has to be my first time seeing the SHP5400, so there's no way I could have guessed that. I'm really curious as to what makes them "interesting."

I'm also eagerly awaiting your review of the CAL!s (I see you off the reflective cup
wink.gif
) which I'm a big fan of. Mine are a lot more scratched up though since I bought them cheap off the 'Bay
frown.gif

Hehe. The Philips is interesting because it is a rather large on-ear portable with flat cloth-covered foam pads (something I've never seen before) and a single-sided cable. Plus, like most of my Philips cans, the sound is extremely competitive for the price.

The CAL! review will likely be up later today or early tomorrow in my review thread, along with the M750
wink.gif
. I'll add a link to this post. They really are great phones, especially when purchased for cheap. Heck, Costco had brand new ones last week for $55.

Edit: CAL! review posted here.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #13 of 20
Joker: I hope you erased your sig before you started the thread because you have all of them listed...lol!

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #14 of 20
well there was a similar contest in the past but with iem's and the signature was edited so im sure that was not a problem :p

was away all day and miss a chance on this contest :p pretty cool to see this tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back