NAME THIS MOVIE!
Nov 17, 2005 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Vences5

Head-Fier
Ok, I've been trying to ID these movies but only remember parts of the plot and not the titles. Maybe you guys can help me out. Thanks!

1. Movie where deranged son kills father with golf clubs he got for his birthday. Puts his body in a freezer.

2. Movie which shows two different outcomes of a womans life. She chooses (I think) to get on the train or to not get on the train. Shows what happens when she takes each of those choices.

3. Man thinks about suicide. Movie then shows what would have happened to his relatives/friends if he had not been born.

4. I saw the beginning of this one in Comedy Central. I remember one "joke" from it: There was something stuck in a lake/puddle? White cowboy guy says to another, "use a wheel barrow". The other says, "why would you waste a perfectly good wheelbarrow, Send two n***** in for it!"

Nov 17, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 10
Second:

Run, Lola, Run?

Maybe?
Yes?
No?
Google it? (Correct answer. =P )

Third:

That's some old movie, right?
It's called something like It's A Beautiful Life. Or It's A Wonderful Life.

Nov 17, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 10
The third one is "It's a Wonderful Life", and the fourth is "Blazing Saddles". Pretty sure!

Don't know about the other two, but the first one sounds vaguely similar to a Korean movie named "3-Iron"...

Nov 17, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 10
I never saw the movie but the second one sounds like Sliding Doors or something to that effect.

Nov 17, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vences5
2. Movie which shows two different outcomes of a womans life. She chooses (I think) to get on the train or to not get on the train. Shows what happens when she takes each of those choices.

#2 is definitely Sliding Doors with Gwenyth Paltrow. She is prevented from entering the train in one instance because a child gets in her way and distracts her. In the second instance/parallel universe, she just barely makes it on the train.

There was a funny episode of Frasier called "Sliding Frasiers", which was inspired by that movie. I had worked on a few scenes at a post production VFX studio I had worked at in the past.

-Ed

Nov 17, 2005 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 10
1. Fierce Creatures

2. Sliding Doors

3. It's a Wonderful Life

Interestingly enough, 2 and 3 are close to what happens in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Nov 17, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000
1. Fierce Creatures

2. Sliding Doors

3. It's a Wonderful Life

Interestingly enough, 2 and 3 are close to what happens in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

How are they similar to Eternal Sunshine?
confused.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #10 of 10
In Blazing Saddles, they want to send a team of horses to check out track which might run through quicksand near Rock Ridge. Taggart tells them to send a couple African-Americans, who get caught in the quicksand. Taggart gets the handcart out, remarking that they "darn near lost a four-hundred-dollar handcart." Bart gets out of the quicksand and beans Taggart on the head with a shovel. His arrest and attempted execution set up his appointment as sheriff, which is the fundamental grounding for the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back