Name that Rush Song!
Jun 1, 2005 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard a Rush song on the radio today that I can't quite remember the name to. I'd love some help finding out the name.

All I really know is that the voice is VERY high pitched, even for Getty Lee - and I actually connected it to Jefferson Starship at first. The highlight of the song for me was a VERY cool keyboard filler, that would play a really heavy and electronic keyboard riff in between certain sections of the song. I also remember that it had a really cool, fast fill by Neil Pert at the very end of the song, right before it cut.

I was thinking it may be Tom Sawyer, but it might not be. I know it's not Limelight. I'm almost positive the song is on "Moving Pictures", but it might not be.

Thanks in advance! I really want to get into Rush and I want to start with whichever album this song is on.

Appreciate all the help I can get!
-Andrew

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 8
It may or may not have been Tom Sawyer but regardless, Moving Pictures is a nice place to start your Rush journey...

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 8
My guess was going to be "Tom Sawyer", but then I read Larry's post. Either way they are great songs
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: And I just realized my post was the same as Larry's
rolleyes.gif
This is the definition of "+1", only I did it in 4 sentences!

Jun 2, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 8
The dead giveaway is when he says "Tom Sawyer" in...ohh - the first 2 seconds of the track
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 8
This thread made me get out Moving Pics. What a freakin' wonderful album! I was a Rush fan since Farewell to Kings, and I remember when Pics came out I was disappointed - they sounded like they were going too arena rock and non-prog. I now realize what a foolish judgement that was. Pics is as fresh today as the day it came out; the early stuff now sounds dated to me - but still cool.

Peart's drumming was never better than on this album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back