Name & Shame the eBay sellers of fake IEM's, Headphones & Earphones.
Jun 21, 2012 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

maporter

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Okay the premise of thread is simple, to name & shame those who knowing list & sell fake headphones etc on eBay or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, ‘If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is'. Bear this in mind when you find that killer deal on eBay, because it's highly likely that your about to be ripped off!

I personally haven't had an issue or been caught out on eBay, but I'm amazed by the amount of people who honestly believe that they've purchased a genuine article then leave positive feedback.

Take for example Sony MDR-EX700's commonly available on eBay for less than £10, yeah right. I've spent sometime reporting to eBay all the fakes, do you think they did anything about it? Did they hell as like!

So I'm going start the ball rolling:

Current eBay sellers of fake SONY MDR-EX700's:

Racketer12
O_Drewster_O
abestelectronics2011
royal_gizmos
yx3ac

Know of anymore fake out there, not just EX700's - I want to know about every brand & model, Audio Technica to Sennheiser etc!

Name & shame them here !

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Here's one. It angers me that this person gets away with selling these products. I even asked them about their products once, they rattled out some extended story about all there's are OEM and straight from the factory without boxes etc etc....... I actually got scammed by this seller about two years ago with a pair of CX400.

Yet still today they're happily selling fakes to honest people.

They're selling fake MDR-EX700

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/zoea09/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 6
Here's one. It angers me that this person gets away with selling these products. I even asked them about their products once, they rattled out some extended story about all there's are OEM and straight from the factory without boxes etc etc....... I actually got scammed by this seller about two years ago with a pair of CX400.

Yet still today they're happily selling fakes to honest people.

They're selling fake MDR-EX700

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/zoea09/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Jesus, I doubt there's a genuine amongst the whole of his listings, I mean Audio-Technica ATH-CM5 for $7.99, yeah right!

What really annoys me is that despite you can report sellers of fake items to eBay, they (meaning eBay) do absolutely sweet FA to prevent the sellers getting away with it.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Not really sure what the point of this is. It's eBay, the list would be FAR too long.

Just use some common sense :wink:

What's point? I could say that about of 60% of what's said on Head-Fi ?

The point is that I would like to know how wide the problem is, yes I accept the list would be long.

The quality of fakes has increased, year upon year, we've not only seen the obvious Sony's being faked, but higher quality products have also started to be faked (Ultrasone etc)..

Before long the prices will increase, it'll become harder to actually detect fakes & common sense will be worthless.

I recently purchased a well known product from a well known trusted web retailer & all was NOT as it seemed, I can't comment too much as I'm still resolving it.

But the issues of fakes is far wider than you may believe, it's big business now not just confined to eBay.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 6
P.S. Grey importers leaving customers with warranty issues is another one I could rant about. Let's just say that companies name starts with the letters "iHe"

The point is that this thread "MAY" deprive these sellers of making further sales of FAKE products & save the more guilable amongst us wasting money. Besides if the thread gets big enough, it'll force eBay to act, now does that sound like a bad thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back