NAME MY DARTH POLL
Jun 22, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based off the DT770...somehow I doubt that's true
rolleyes.gif

Honestly J-Pak, I understand where you are coming from. I heard the DT770 pros and the DT880 Pros, and based on that (I hated the DT770s and loved the DT880s) I bought the DT880/600s which have proved to be truly fine.

Recently I bought a pair of closed Darths V3s because of commentary/advice from people I trust as to how different they are from the unmodded DT770s. (In fact, Larry himself had previously warned me about the negative effect that listening to unmodded DT770s would have on me.)

Okay, I admit that the timing of my darth purchase related to the exact pair of headphones that I had previously identified in the "Name your most beautiful pair of headphones" thread coming onto the market...

Anyway, all I can say is that there is nothing wrong with the DT770 drivers (which makes sense given how excellent the DT880 drivers are.) From there it is all Headphile magic. My closed Darth V3s are the best headphones that I have heard and I have heard many of the main contendors (admittedly not the GS1000 or Stax...)

I understand your scepticism - it's logical - but ultimately if you dive in, the truth will get in the way.

Note: I have never heard open Darths, nor do I have any real interest in them. Although I believe that they also could be very good, there are lots of great open cans. The amazing thing about the Darth Beyer V3 is that a closed headphone - I like isolation - is actually better than all those great open competitors that I have heard. That is a remarkable accomplishment given the inate advantages of open headphone design.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly J-Pak, I understand where you are coming from. I heard the DT770 pros and the DT880 Pros, and based on that (I hated the DT770s and loved the DT880s) I bought the DT880/600s which have proved to be truly fine.

Recently I bought a pair of closed Darths V3s because of commentary/advice from people I trust as to how different they are from the unmodded DT770s. (In fact, Larry himself had previously warned me about the negative effect that listening to unmodded DT770s would have on me.)

Okay, I admit that the timing of my darth purchase related to the exact pair of headphones that I had previously identified in the "Name your most beautiful pair of headphones" thread coming onto the market...

Anyway, all I can say is that there is nothing wrong with the DT770 drivers (which makes sense given how excellent the DT880 drivers are.) From there it is all Headphile magic. My closed Darth V3s are the best headphones that I have heard and I have heard many of the main contendors (admittedly not the GS1000 or Stax...)

I understand your scepticism - it's logical - but ultimately if you dive in, the truth will get in the way.

Note: I have never heard open Darths, nor do I have any real interest in them. Although I believe that they also could be very good, there are lots of great open cans. The amazing thing about the Darth Beyer V3 is that a closed headphone - I like isolation - is actually better than all those great open competitors that I have heard. That is a remarkable accomplishment given the inate advantages of open headphone design.

Hee. Hee
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Note: I have never heard open Darths, nor do I have any real interest in them. Although I believe that they also could be very good, there are lots of great open cans.

I owned closed and they were a good headphone but my Deep cup open's are brilliant. I've thought about buying the K1000 or another of these top level cans but honestly I can't see them doing everything as good as my Deep Cup Open's do.

Bass, midrange, highs, detail, fun? It's all there in the Darth Boobies. Closed they're great but Deep Cup Open takes them to perfection.

But this is just my little opinion.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned closed and they were a good headphone but my Deep cup open's are brilliant. I've thought about buying the K1000 or another of these top level cans but honestly I can't see them doing everything as good as my Deep Cup Open's do.

Bass, midrange, highs, detail, fun? It's all there in the Darth Boobies. Closed they're great but Deep Cup Open takes them to perfection.

But this is just my little opinion.

What's importantto me is that you love your Darths Boobies.The thrust of my argument is that Darth Beyers are not DT770s anymore.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

What's importantto me is that you love your Darths Boobies.The thrust of my argument is that Darth Beyers are not DT770s anymore.

Oh I do love my Darth's. My point was just to give you and everyone else not in the "know" a general idea of the Darth Boobies. I actually am still tempted to pick up Snack's Deep Cup's just to see if I can hear any difference between the two versions.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #38 of 47
Jumping on the morning wood band wagon!
blink.gif
wait...

My legitimate vote is for Darth Viper, not in caps.

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are not in the loop already read here first:

I have just converted my VX3-OC Snakewood/Wenge Darths to 100% Genuine Beyer Leather. The Pads and now the Head-Band have been changed.

When changing to the Leather Head-Band you add the Engraving Plates like the new style DT770,880 and 990's.

Since the plates are blank I am open for suggestions as I am going to engrave them.

My First choice is simple:
VX3-OC
Darths

That ones easy now you guys com up with some:

Here is a pic prior to the Leather Update:

hd8gc7.jpg

I will post all new pics with the engraving plates installed.

Limit to 8 Characters per line 2 lines

Please choose one or if you have another idea post it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246199

Is that everyone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back