Name-Dropping and the Newest Faux-Wuorinenian Thumplibet
Jul 5, 2005 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Does anyone know anything about Bruno Pronsato's new 12", "Wuorinen" (ORAC) and whether it really has anything to do with the music of Charles Wuorinen? If so, said slab's in the tradition of Nordheim Transformed and I'd like to auricle it.

I'm hoping Prosato's newest isn't simply another example of lobotomized pomo name-dropping, which usually results in the kind of miscategorization that causes Voice writers to refer to "impressionistic folk songs," "the decadent [19]90s" or revere Richard James as a "great electronic composer" (since, apparently, his achievements as a dance-floor pioneer and cheerily abrasive producer are insufficiently meritorious unless some musically illiterate Princeton-bred journalist and part-time nutria's foreskin compares him to Stockhausen).

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 2
I do hope that your vituperative screed against Pronsato isn't some sort of antediluvian response to what you perceive as "name-dropping." Alackday, I fear it is. However, there is hope. My oracle on your auricle experience tells me that you will probably like the album, despite your Thomasesque rage against "pomo name-dropping." In any event, I can assure you that pomo name-dropping is infinitely better than pomo bird-dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back