Nakamichi NEP-E200 IEM " Review "
Feb 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tryndamere

New Head-Fier
I do no take credits for the picture I posted here , too bad I can't post mine , too much noise due to a crappy camera ( iPhone 4 ) . Now many of you are going to disagree with me , but they serious do suck on close up photos .
Now , these In-ear Monitors are rather light and small . They are only 13g and should fit most people's ear since they are so small . I do not recommend them for jogging though , if you want an IEM of jogging , get something that hook on your ears .

Looks

Although this is up to personal preferences , I do like the fully metallic body of the earphone . They are kind of glossy but do not attract fingerprint .

Sound

Right out of the box , they sound neutral .....or maybe my previous earphone that failed was too bass heavy . But they offer detailed sound to some extend . Sound stage was present , they don't feel like the sound is getting fed right into your brain , but don't expect it to sound like open-cans Grado's .

Lows could be felt , I could hear the rumble of Epic by Sandro Silva and Quintino , but it didn't feel like it when way out of it's place . It is accurate and decent .

Highs feel crisp , vocals are very clear and do not sound muddy .

I have not completely burn-in these earphones , I will update this thread after a week of testing or if I could squeeze out some time in my busy day-to-day schooling schedule . Sound might be different after the burn-in .

Pricing

A main factor for most of us and what to expect from the earphones , it retails at SGD 69.90 . I got mine for 32.60 on Ebay ( its the real deal , but there is a catch , no warranty ) . I think 70 bucks for these are fine , but of course for me , its a great bang for the buck .

Accessories

It comes with 3 silicon buds of different size and a cotton pouch which feels really nice . But I dislike the silicon buds , they feel like they are cheaply made .

Conclusion

As I said earlier , I will update this thread . For now , it seems pretty worth it .

Disclaimer : I am not an audiophile , just my 2 cents here .

Hope you had a good time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back