Nakamichi 890
Jan 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RaymondLeggs

Head-Fier
Bouth these headphones yesterday out of curiosity. Very Bass-heavy cans. Suited for EDM/Dubstep and hiphop mostly. If you're a super crazy detail nut you might not love them. I havent worn them in yet so I cant come to a true consensus on this aspect of the sound. They do show promise though. 

Most sub-30.00 phones have barely any bass at all. (I'm a bass freakazoid) they also feel much more expensive than the $15.00 (12.00 at register) price suggests. The hinge that holds the cups to the headbands are metal, and the finish is matte instead of the cheesy shiny plastic that most "fashion" headphones seem to have. I got the black version instead of the grey red or Blue version. 

the band is metal covered with faux leather.

A person who would like a more laidback sound will not like these phones, they are pretty easy to drive, and the square-shaped cups makes for a great seal or at least for my ears. I also have the NK780, but they sound much slower, and distort more easily and are less efficient.

I was going to buy another Koss titanium pro but in my last experience, the drivers have a metallic rasp. and they are too tall for my head, and the pads make me itch after a while and like something is in my ears.

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 5
  I'm wondering if you bought these at Kmart? Do you have any further comment on these cans? Thanks.

I've seen the Nakamichi at Sears too (KMart owns Sears).  Most of the KMart stores in my area have closed.  From the looks of it, the Sears stores could be next as I don't see too many people shopping there.  Their electronics area happens to be very understaffed in the event you need assistance.  But they do run quite a few sales on electronics and often the Koss headphones that they have can be found at half price during one of their sales.

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh how the mighty have fallen, Nakamichi was once considered Ultra High end in respect to Cassette recorders. When I was much younger I lusted after their Dragon model. Way way beyond my means at the time.
Back on topic.
devil_face.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 5
  I'm wondering if you bought these at Kmart? Do you have any further comment on these cans? Thanks.

i will say if you dont like Very bass heavy cans you wont like them. They go "out of control" and get grainy  if the players output is way underpowered. or if the player has a very bright sound signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back