Nakamichi 600 cassette deck
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

brianjrealtor

New Head-Fier
I have this unit that was made in the mid 70's with a sloped appearance...

I like to record my Vinyl on cassettes for my walkmans.

My question is about the frequency response that is noted in the manual on this deck only from 40Hz - 18,000Hz...

Will I notice an audible difference in sound quality if I get another Nakamichi deck that can achieve the better frequency response of 20Hz - 20,000Hz ??? Or is this deck so well made from the 70's that it will stand out in sound quality to most decks that can acheive 20Hz-20KHz???

My Audio chain- Grado Red Cartridge - Soundcraftsmen PreAmp EQ through Soundcraftsmen Power Amp. (Classic High-End stuffs)

I'm debating in getting the classic Nakamichi 1000 since the response is supposidly 20Hz-20KHz....

Any help??

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 3
The measurements don't tell you too much without the information of what tolerance they are measured at. The 600 is a design classic I would keep it if your were still into analog tape.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The measurements don't tell you too much without the information of what tolerance they are measured at. The 600 is a design classic I would keep it if your were still into analog tape.

thanks for the help!
The recordings made from this Nak 600 onto TDK-SA's thus far sound surprisingly good with little hiss. It is missing a little in the bass frequency's, but maybe I'm not mixing the EQ well enough while recording

Do you know if the Nackamichi 1000 would sound that much better or record more Bass frequency??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back