Naim Uniti Atom HE
May 17, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 11
The Naim seems ... to be a summit that I never dared climb.
Along with Linn and Cyruss, Naim Audio was the hifi par excellence in my youth. :relieved:

Streamer, DAC and PreAmp umter 30cm wide, great usability. ..and luckily, on particularly fine days the Feliks can fire up the Elise with it, or with Btitsh sound on normal days :sunglasses:

It is expensive, but only when happiness is so close, then tackle it. Order from my dealer of my trust on Friday ...

..... now the only question left is how am I going to sell the government home :deadhorse:

May 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 11
The Naim seems ... to be a summit that I never dared climb.
Along with Linn and Cyruss, Naim Audio was the hifi par excellence in my youth. :relieved:

Streamer, DAC and PreAmp umter 30cm wide, great usability. ..and luckily, on particularly fine days the Feliks can fire up the Elise with it, or with Btitsh sound on normal days :sunglasses:

It is expensive, but only when happiness is so close, then tackle it. Order from my dealer of my trust on Friday ...

..... now the only question left is how am I going to sell the government home :deadhorse:
love to hear your feedback once you get it :beerchug:

May 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #5 of 11
I am listening on it right now via Roon through the Focal Clear MG. Sounds Good. I had the original Atom in my home-office setup until I upgraded it to the Nova driving the JBL L82's. I like the Naim sound so to speak but love the convenience of the true Roon appliance. I have the Singxer SA-1 I am going to connect to my Holoaudio Spring 2 KTE DAC in a few and see how it compares. Having used the MG at my office setup for a few days connected to the RME ADI-2 and back and forth between the A90 and Burson Soloist 3XP amps I think the Naim Uniti HE is a few clicks darker on the sound scale at this point.
IMG_7132.jpg

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 11
I am listening on it right now via Roon through the Focal Clear MG. Sounds Good. I had the original Atom in my home-office setup until I upgraded it to the Nova driving the JBL L82's. I like the Naim sound so to speak but love the convenience of the true Roon appliance. I have the Singxer SA-1 I am going to connect to my Holoaudio Spring 2 KTE DAC in a few and see how it compares. Having used the MG at my office setup for a few days connected to the RME ADI-2 and back and forth between the A90 and Burson Soloist 3XP amps I think the Naim Uniti HE is a few clicks darker on the sound scale at this point.
IMG_7132.jpg

Please share some more thoughts. I'm on the fence between a Burson soloist + conductor + bluesond node and this Naim unit! I wish the naim had HDMI!

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #7 of 11
Please share some more thoughts. I'm on the fence between a Burson soloist + conductor + bluesond node and this Naim unit! I wish the naim had HDMI!
I sold it. It’s sound and Roon convenience didn’t warrant the price tag to me. Still rocking my Naim Nova in office 2 channel setup but for headphones the Holoaudio Spring 2 and Singxer SA-1 with jumper mod is a better pairing to me.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 11
I sold it. It’s sound and Roon convenience didn’t warrant the price tag to me. Still rocking my Naim Nova in office 2 channel setup but for headphones the Holoaudio Spring 2 and Singxer SA-1 with jumper mod is a better pairing to me.
Interesting, the Naim atom HE is quite a bit more expensive than teh A90 + Burson combo you mention in one of your earlier posts, as well as more expensive than the Spring and SA-1. Seems then that we pay quite considerably for their streaming platform and the lifestyle form factor.

Might I ask how the detail retrievel was on the naim? What did you miss the most comparing to your other set-ups?

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #9 of 11
Interesting, the Naim atom HE is quite a bit more expensive than teh A90 + Burson combo you mention in one of your earlier posts, as well as more expensive than the Spring and SA-1. Seems then that we pay quite considerably for their streaming platform and the lifestyle form factor.

Might I ask how the detail retrievel was on the naim? What did you miss the most comparing to your other set-ups?
The overall sound signature of the Naim HE was as I said a bit too dark overall with Clear MG and Empyreans, both using W & WO EQ in Roon. Detail retrieval was up to my standards on that equipment but the overall sound signature wasn’t for the money since I had other devices. It’s not likely a fair comparison against the Holoaudio Spring 2 KTE because that DAC plays at a $4K+ level in comparison to other devices out there. I have the May/Spring 3 USB controller in mine also.

My Spring 2 is the KTE edition which retailed for $2800 (not including the USB controller) + the SA-1 at $600, that’s $3400 with out a streamer or internet appliance.

So yes I agree with you, we are paying a lot for the screen, form factor and internet appliance of the device. Loved all of those features of it. Just not enough to mothball or sell my Spring 2 for it.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 11
I listened a little, Clear MG, Audeze LCD X, Ananda.
What i can say for myself the HE has a fine sound, very musical, dynamic, a touch of warmth ... but always with the music in the foreground :relieved: :relaxed:

I will now take enough time to listen and play for a longer period of time. And most importantly, via the Pre Out I can also hear the streaming services via the Feliks Elise :beyersmile:

Feb 16, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #11 of 11
Seems like a nice all-in-one solution if you just want one device:

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/uniti-atom-headphone

If anyone has any experience with this I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!
This is a bit of an odd request, but if anyone has the original packaging for the Uniti HE and is interested in selling it, I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it. Please send me a private message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back