NAIM Headline 2 OR Musical Fidelity X-CAN v8
Nov 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mowax

New Head-Fier
Can anyone give a feedback between this two amps please?

I couldn't find much review about them. I'll appreciate it.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 7
Both are really good if you also get the extra Power supply

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 7
I have heard both at different times in shops where I live. The Headline sounds better with the bigger power supply. However, I bought a Blue Circle SBH as my SS headphone unit and got it with a really nice preamp installed, for but a little extra. Skylab and I have both posted reviews. PM Skylab if you are interested, to get his opinion on the SBH.

Otherwise, my vote goes to the NAIm + bigger power supply. Very balanced, very detailed, nice extended highs, tight bass, and has the Naim "toe-tappin" sound. I preferred the SBH because it sounded "grander" musically and more transparent - really black background. But again I defer to Skylab.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you guys.

Finally, I decided to get the X-CAN v8 because I like a tube+ss sound of it. And I just got it today.

The line-in connect to my MacPro w/HD600. It has a smooth sounding, dynamic range, good soundstage, bass control, overall clarity, etc as Sam Tellig's column in September 2008 issue of Stereophile.

I brought at Audioadvisor for $550 at that time. No X-PSU v8 power supply. I would recommend anyone should put it on their list
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Congratulations :) Ordered my V8 today, and will hopefully have it installed by the weekend.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 7
let me know how you like it, iTetragrammaton
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back