Naim Headline 2 and 600 ohms Beyers - Has anyone actually tried this combination?
Feb 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

moomaloo

New Head-Fier
I have a Headline 2 and am looking (I think) to buy a set of customised 600 ohm DT770's.

According to the Headline specs I should have no problem driving 600 ohms but can anyone here actually report that the combination is a good match?

Thanks!

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 6
dt770 is the opposite of what naim sound stands for, why on earth would you want to do that? if you want a beyer, i suggest you try to get a dt931 as that's the only beyer i think is worth a damn, in fact i still own a set although it doesnt get much use.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 6
What on earth are you talking about?! Why exactly is the DT770 the opposite of what Naim stands for? IMO it's a very good closed headphone for sensible money. What does Naim 'stand for' if it's not an enjoyment of music? I can see no reason why the combination shouldn't be a rewarding one.

Explain your remarks please!

Can anyone here actually answer my question?

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
fat, slow, & fuzzy, does that sound like naim to you? to be more specific, overblown sloppy bass, recessed midrange, and grainy treble...

if you want a good closed headphone for sensible money, look no further than akg k271, it's a great performer and gives you plenty of isolation.

the closed version of the fones i originally recommended is the dt831 but i found it a little bright, could be different for others however and cost is very sensible when it is available for sale.

if you can stretch a little audio technica w1000 is quite good and goes for around $300. however, given that you enjoy the 770, the last two i mentioned might be extremely lean sounding to you... good luck, i have a headline 2 en route myself.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fat, slow, & fuzzy, does that sound like naim to you? to be more specific, overblown sloppy bass, recessed midrange, and grainy treble...

if you want a good closed headphone for sensible money, look no further than akg k271, it's a great performer and gives you plenty of isolation.

the closed version of the fones i originally recommended is the dt831 but i found it a little bright, could be different for others however and cost is very sensible when it is available for sale.

if you can stretch a little audio technica w1000 is quite good and goes for around $300. however, given that you enjoy the 770, the last two i mentioned might be extremely lean sounding to you... good luck, i have a headline 2 en route myself.

I agree on his description of the DT770s. But there is a lot of appreciation for these headphones, which just exemplifies how subjective sound is. As long as you have fun, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back