NAD Viso HP50 - Replacement Cables
Sep 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #61 of 66
The original NAD cable is a TRRS. I am using a short Audioquest cable that terminates in a TRS plug. Sounds ok to me. Any reason to worry?

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #62 of 66
Is there a cable with integrated mic that could be used to turn HP50 into a headset?

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #63 of 66
I also make phone calls with them because it's so much easier to understand callers. Unfortunately, the mic-equipped cable lost a battle with the beater brush of an upright vacuum cleaner. It took hours of looking to find a 3.5mm cable with a mic on it. It's a the "iSimple CallJax". Best Buy didn't have it in the headphone aisle, nor in the iPhone aisles, nor the generic smart phone accessory aisles, nor in the home theater department, nor in the high-end department. After I gave up, I found it on their website to allow hands-free calling in a car. It was in the tiny vestige of the car stereo department! None of the local car parts stores had it though.

Jim L.
P.S. I use my NAD headphones all day and comfort is never a problem for me. I wear an extra large hat, in case that matters to anyone.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #64 of 66
Has anyone out there tried or compared the Lavricable Reference Silver for the NAD Viso HP50, or the Audiocadabra Ultimus 3 pure silver cable for the NAD Viso HP50?
If so, what is your opinion on the overall sonics, and sonic advantages over the stock cable?
Many thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back