NAD HP50 replacement pads
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BaTou069

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

TL;DR - searching for recommendations on replacement earpads for the NAD Viso HP50

I've been using my beloved NADs for quiet some time now, but the ear pads took a serious hit becoming practically unusable.
I ordered Brainwavz style replacement pads and threw the NAD earpads into the bin, but unfortunately they change the sound in a very unpleasant way. Not having a good fit and the cushy nature of those pads push the membrane too far away, turning the sound into dull sounding and base-less.
Did anyone of the NAD HP50 users replaced their earpads successfully? I contacted NAD but apparently they don't sell them (anymore?)

Thanks

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 5
I bought Chinese replacement pads on eBa. Definitely not the same. Too far away from the drivers. These are almost on ear which is why do many people couldn't get used to them. I'm glad that I didn't throw away the originals. All of the pleather peeled off.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 5
I bought Chinese replacement pads on eBa. Definitely not the same. Too far away from the drivers. These are almost on ear which is why do many people couldn't get used to them. I'm glad that I didn't throw away the originals. All of the pleather peeled off.
Ah that's a shame. I may buy a cheap replacement and try one of the mods here. Thanks for the info.

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 5
The peeled of pleather would keep making my ears dirty with black crumbles, couldnt keep using those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back