NAD D1050 VS Xonar STX
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
I have had the Xonar STX for a couple of years, its good for the money and the RCA output seems very good but I have a feeling that the headphone amp on them is not really getting the best out of my headphones, every pair of headphones I have used with the Xonar STX, always sound decent but a bit  harsh sounding treble, I have read this quite a few times from other people as well so I am thinking of getting a DAC, I have owned other external DAC's before and noticed subtle differences. Do you think the NAD D1050 would be the best upgrade.... The improvements I would like to see are - #1 Smoother / more natural sound (less digital / edgy or sibilant sounding), #2 imaging and soundstage, #2Better bass, only real issue I have with the STX is the slightly harsh digital treble and also would like to get better soundstage if possible. Do you think I will see a worthwhile improvement or am I wasting money?

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi nicholars. Your question seems really hard to answer. 1050 will have a good improvement from STX, but whether it is the best or worth the money, you need to judge by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back